I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Nizatidine? Is Nizatidine safe for nursing mother and child? Does Nizatidine extracts into breast milk? Does Nizatidine has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Nizatidine influence milk supply or can Nizatidine decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Nizatidine is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Nizatidine is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Nizatidine does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Nizatidine safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
It is secreted in very small amount into breast milk (0,06% of maternal dose)
Because of the low levels of nizatidine in breastmilk, amounts ingested by the infant are small and would not be expected to cause any adverse effects in breastfed infants. No special precautions are required. Histamine H2-antagonists with more extensive use might be preferred in newborns.
Histamine H2-receptor blockade is known to stimulate prolactin secretion. No reports of hyperlproactinemia, galactorrhea or effects on breastfeeding women caused by nizatadine were found as of the revision date. The maternal prolactin level in a mother with established lactation may not affect her ability to breastfeed.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.