I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3? Is 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 safe for nursing mother and child? Does 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 extracts into breast milk? Does 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 influence milk supply or can 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Daily allowance of Vitamin D for the breastfeeding woman is 400 IU per day which may be attained by a comprehensive and balanced diet. When treated do not exceed 6.400 IU per day and, if prolonged used, check-up for mother’s and child’s calcemia. A balanced and comprehensive diet make it vitamin supplementation useless. 1 mg = 60.000 IU See below the information of these related products:
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.