I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Inositol (VAN)? Is Inositol (VAN) safe for nursing mother and child? Does Inositol (VAN) extracts into breast milk? Does Inositol (VAN) has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Inositol (VAN) influence milk supply or can Inositol (VAN) decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Inositol (VAN) is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Inositol (VAN) is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Inositol (VAN) does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Inositol (VAN) safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Product of natural origin and glucose isomer which is present in cereals, fruits, nuts and vegetables, as well as animal offal and milk. It is metabolized to glucose.Considered as part of vitamin B (Bh) with no clear evidence of its activity as such or signs of deficiency. It is found in breast milk. A higher concentration in the plasma of newborns than that in their mothers has been found. Breastfed infants show higher plasma levels of Inositol (VAN) than formula-fed ones or after parenteral nutrition.It has been used in the newborn period to treat lung disorders and retinopathy associated to prematurity. No clear therapeutic indications nor cases of overdose poisoning with this product are known.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.