I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use d-Glucitol? Is d-Glucitol safe for nursing mother and child? Does d-Glucitol extracts into breast milk? Does d-Glucitol has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can d-Glucitol influence milk supply or can d-Glucitol decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for d-Glucitol is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of d-Glucitol is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that d-Glucitol does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of d-Glucitol safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Polyhydric alcohol derived from sugar which is found naturally in corn and some fruits with half sweetening power than sucrose. It is not found in breast milk. Affected patients with Hereditary Fructose Intolerance become symptomatic with the introduction of fruits that contain fructose, sucrose or sorbitol during weaning. At latest update no published data were found on excretion into breast milk.Its low intestinal absorption makes it unlikely the passage of significant amounts into breast milk and the subsequent absorption by the infant.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.