I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Tilactase? Is Tilactase safe for nursing mother and child? Does Tilactase extracts into breast milk? Does Tilactase has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Tilactase influence milk supply or can Tilactase decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Tilactase is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Tilactase is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Tilactase does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Tilactase safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Enzyme which is composed by more than 1.000 amino acids that hydrolyzes Lactose into Glucose and Galactose. It is produced in larger quantity by intestinal cells of newborns and infants than older children and adults, in order to digest the milk sugar or Lactose. Depending on type of populations, only 30 to 70% of individuals can continue producing intestinal lactose in later ages. At latest update information was not found on excretion into breast milk, but, because it's proteic nature it would be digested before absorption, all that along with a high molecular weight makes excretion intro breast milk highly unlikely. In addition, it is not toxic since it has been used, with no effectiveness, for treatment of colicky pain in infants without side-effects reported.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.