I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Kopexil? Is Kopexil safe for nursing mother and child? Does Kopexil extracts into breast milk? Does Kopexil has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Kopexil influence milk supply or can Kopexil decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Kopexil is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Kopexil is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Kopexil does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Kopexil safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
A product which is used topically without there being any scientific proof of its effectiveness. It has hardly any bibliographical references in medical literature and a single published study indicates its very low effectiveness in hair regrowth (Orasan 2016). Since the last update, we have not found published data on its excretion in breast milk. The small dose used and very low plasma absorption of most topical dermatological preparations make it unlikely that a significant amount will transfer into breast milk. It is normal to lose hair in the months following pregnancy and this has nothing to do with breastfeeding but with the end of the resting phase in hair loss that occurs during pregnancy. Within 12 months of giving birth, the hair grows back without causing alopecia.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.