I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Butoconazole? Is Butoconazole safe for nursing mother and child? Does Butoconazole extracts into breast milk? Does Butoconazole has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Butoconazole influence milk supply or can Butoconazole decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Butoconazole is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Butoconazole is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Butoconazole does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Butoconazole safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Systemic absorption through skin or vaginal mucosa is not significant. Wash hands thoroughly. Avoid using it it on the breast or cleanse before nursing.
Vaginal butoconazole has not been studied during breastfeeding. About 5.5% of a vaginal dose is absorbed and its plasma half-life is 21 to 24 hours. Because there is no published experience with butoconazole during breastfeeding, other agents may be preferred, especially while nursing a newborn or preterm infant.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.