I am a breastfeeding mother and i want to know if it is safe to use Econazole? Is Econazole safe for nursing mother and child? Does Econazole extracts into breast milk? Does Econazole has any long term or short term side effects on infants? Can Econazole influence milk supply or can Econazole decrease milk supply in lactating mothers?
- DrLact safety Score for Econazole is 1 out of 8 which is considered Safe as per our analyses.
- A safety Score of 1 indicates that usage of Econazole is mostly safe during lactation for breastfed baby.
- Our study of different scientific research also indicates that Econazole does not cause any serious side effects in breastfeeding mothers.
- Most of scientific studies and research papers declaring usage of Econazole safe in breastfeeding are based on normal dosage and may not hold true for higher dosage.
- Score calculated using the DrLact safety Version 1.2 model, this score ranges from 0 to 8 and measures overall safety of drug in lactation. Scores are primarily calculated using publicly available case studies, research papers, other scientific journals and publically available data.
Systemic absorption through skin or vaginal mucosa is not significant. Wash hands thoroughly. Avoid using it on the breast or cleanse before nursing.
Topical econazole has not been studied during breastfeeding. Because less than 1% is absorbed after topical application, it is considered a low risk to the nursing infant. Avoid application to the nipple area and ensure that the infant's skin does not come into direct contact with the areas of skin that have been treated. Only water-miscible cream or gel products should be applied to the breast because ointments may expose the infant to high levels of mineral paraffins via licking.
: Information presented in this database is not meant as a substitute for professional judgment. You should consult your healthcare provider for breastfeeding advice related to your particular situation. We do not warrant or assume any liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information on this Site.